Clay Paper Scissors is a gallery in Cheyenne WY. Started in 2009 by artists, it moved in 2014 to a newly renovated building just around the corner from the Depot. As a gallery dedicated to showing the best and most interesting artwork made in Wyoming and beyond, we show contemporary artists in a range of media and content with a focus on excellence. Shows rotate and are generally for a two month period; the gallery does not represent artists.
The Rendezvous shows are a partnership between Clay Paper Scissors and Mystery Print Gallery in Pinedale. Our goal is to celebrate Wyoming-made artwork through a juried show displayed on both sides of the state.
Both Galleries are on Facebook and Instagram--follow us there! Find Mystery Print at:
Rendezvous: A Juried Exhibit of Wyoming Artists
Call For Entries
Mystery Print Gallery in Pinedale and Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio in Cheyenne are again partnering in a 2020 exhibition of juried artworks by Wyoming artists. As artists ourselves, we are aware that Wyoming harbors a wide range of artists working across media and topics and we are excited to offer another venue for artists and the public to see the diversity of work being created in Wyoming today. Both galleries show a wide range of artwork and welcome all artists to apply. The show will be juried by gallery owners David Klarén, Camellia El-Antably and Mark Vinich.
The exhibit will run from June 4 through September 10, 2020 and will be split into two parts at the time of jurying. Half of the artwork will be on display in Pinedale and the other half in Cheyenne, with the two parts switching in late July. This gives people on both sides of the state a chance to see the artwork.
· All visual media will be considered except video and animation (due to display requirements). Original digital artwork will be considered.
· All types of content will be considered.
· All artwork must be the original work of the artist.
· Works are limited in size to 48” in any direction, and 75 lbs in weight. Note: due to spatial limitations within each gallery, large works may be excluded based on size alone, in order to get as large representation of Wyoming artists as possible.
· No printed canvases.
· All pieces must arrive ready to hang or display. 2D work must use a wire for hanging—please, no saw-tooth or other hanging systems.
· Artwork must be for sale.
· Applications will be accepted through Submittable. There is a $25 application fee.
· Artists may submit up to three works for consideration.
· Prepaid return shipping labels are REQUIRED. Checks, money orders, cashiers checks, or cash will not be accepted. Works which do not include prepaid return shipping labels (unless being picked up from the gallery in person by the artist) will not be exhibited.
· Each gallery will host two receptions. The dates are listed below; more information to come. Artists are invited and encouraged to attend when possible.
· Artists are asked to publicize the show through their usual networks. An email flyer will be made available to accepted artists for sharing.
· If artwork sells during the show, the gallery from which it sells will retain a 40% commission. Artwork will display in both locations and be delivered to the buyer at the close of the exhibit.
April 25: Deadline to enter show via Submittable
May 5: Artists will be notified by email of acceptance. At this time, you will also be notified which gallery your artwork will be displayed in first for shipping.
May 30: Artwork must arrive at galleries. It may arrive via mail or be delivered.
June 4: Exhibit opens at Mystery Print Gallery
June 12: Reception for 1st part of the exhibition at Clay Paper Scissors Gallery
Late July: The two shows will be taken down, transferred between galleries, and reinstalled.
August 6: Exhibit reopens at Mystery Print Gallery
August 13: Reception for 2nd part of the exhibition at Clay Paper Scissors Gallery
September 10: Close. Artwork will be shipped back or may be picked up by artist
Venues and Questions:
Mystery Print Gallery
221 S Sublette Ave
Pinedale, WY 82941
Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio
1513 Carey Ave
Cheyenne WY 82001
Find us on Instagram.